Guitar Shaped Cheese Platter Board
This guitar-shaped cheese platter board is made from our kiln dried camphor laurel timber, meaning it has many different grains and colours.
Made from one solid piece of timber, our platter boards have no glue and no laminating.
Being handmade, our servers accentuate the multitude of different beautiful grains and colours.
This unique shaped board can be used as a server at the dining table for sharing food, ie nachos, pizzas, carvery etc.
Serve cheeses, dips, antipasto, cured meats, nibbles, sundried tomatoes, olives etc.
Due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in the timber, this is a safe surface to serve all foods. In other words, the natural components of the timber help to keep your boards safe.
This is a perfect gift for the musician in your life. We are able to laser engrave music onto this board if required.
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.