Small Cheese Platter Serving Board with Handmade Bowl
This Small Cheese Platter Serving Board with Handmade Bowl is made from our kiln dried camphor laurel timber.
Camphor Laurel is a beautiful timber to work with as it has many different grains and colours.
All our boards are made from one solid piece of timber, no glue and no laminating.
This particular small board is an ideal board for parties and get-togethers to serve deli meat, cheese, crackers, dips and more, also a handy board for the smaller chopping tasks in the kitchen.
Australian Camphor Laurel Boards are the safest surfaces for the preparation of food, due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in the timber.
The corners are rounded for ease of use, and safety.
If you would like to further personalise your board with your own message, please contact us for more details and pricing.
Care instructions for this product.
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.
Measurements approx 45cm x 13-15cm random selection
Note – this cutting board is handcrafted. The above measurements are approximate only. For more information, please see our “Australian Handmade Quality Guarantee”.