Owl Shaped Antipasto Platter Cutting Board
This Owl Shaped Antipasto Platter Cutting Board is made from our kiln dried camphor laurel timber. This timber has many different grains and colours.
All our platters are made from one solid piece of timber, no glue and no laminating. All our platters are lovingly hand made by our craftsman, to accentuate the multitude of different beautiful grains and colours.
This particular antipasto platter Owl shape is an ideal server for the dining table or the outdoor entertainer. It is a great souvenir to take overseas.
Serve cheeses, dips, antipasto, cured meats, nibbles, sundried tomatoes, olives etc. The recessed area can hold a popular container from your local supermarket/delicatessen with your favourite mix, or of course, you can add a bowl of your choice.
Due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in the timber, this is a safe surface to serve all foods.
Camphor Laurel Timber can travel worldwide.
Care instructions for this product.
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.
Note – these Owl Shaped Antipasto Platter Cutting Board are handcrafted therefore it is covered by our handmade guarantee. For more information, please see our “Australian Handmade Quality Guarantee”.