Two Board Deal – Small and Large Cutting Board Package
Australian Camphor Laurel Boards are the safest surfaces for the preparation of food, due to the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in the timber.
A list of the compounds in the timber is also found in herbs and spices which have been used as preservatives for centuries.
All our boards are made from one solid piece of timber, no glue, and no laminating.
These random shaped hand made cutting board is individual in the size, colour, and shape.
We pride ourselves on offering a board that is completely unique.
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.