ABOUT THE LARGE PLAIN CUTTING BOARDS
We pride ourselves on offering individual random shaped boards which are within the specified measurements that are unique shapes and colours. Our Large Plain Cutting Boards are a great addition to your kitchen, and make perfect unique gifts.
Unlike other boards on the market, we make our boards from one solid piece of timber, we do not use toxic glue.
We only use kiln dried timber because the timber will not crack if it has been dried properly.
We manufacture Camphor Laurel Cutting Boards on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Our boards are unique as the timber has many different grains and colours which mean no two boards are the same.
THE CHOPPING BOARDS ARE UNIQUE SHAPES AND COMPRISE OF ONE PIECE OF TIMBER.
ABOUT POSTAGE AND DELIVERY
We engrave and ship within a few days. Delivery depends on your location within Australia, as we are based on the Sunshine Coast, Qld. Please allow for these factors when you place your order with us.
CUTTING BOARD CARE AND INSTRUCTIONS
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.
IDEAL USE FOR THE CUTTING BOARD
These unique Australian Large Plain Cutting boards make a great gift for a special events, wedding and engagement presents, Authentic Australian gift for tourists, or loved ones etc.
They are also great for everyday use, and are an ideal server to be used to serve cheeses, dips, chips etc on the lasered side of the board and use the plain side for everyday chopping, a dual purpose cutting board.
Do you want to add a personal touch, to the chopping board? For an additional fee, you can add two lines of text.
OTHER SIZE CHOPPING BOARDS AVAILABLE
Medium Board Size: 47 cm x 20 cm approx.
Small Board Size: 47 cm x 15 cm approx.