Refund and Return Policy
General Refund and Exchanges
These are our terms and conditions of general returns and exchanges. All returns and exchanges are at the discretion of Australian Return or Exchange – Cutting Boards and will be assessed on each individual case.
Replaceable and Refundable Products
- Products with defects
- Incorrectly shipped items
- No refund or exchange for change of mind
Replaceable and Refundable Products Terms and Conditions
- You, the customer, must make contact with Australian Cutting Boards with 5 working days of receiving the incorrect product or incorrectly shipped item.
- The incorrect or defect board must be returned to Australian Cutting Boards in an unused, new condition, in all original packaging.
- The incorrect or defect board must be returned within 30 days of the original purchase invoice date. Your replacement board will not be sent, or your refund issued, until Australian Cutting Boards receives your returned board.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
- We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund or exchange.
If you are approved for a refund, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
If you are approved for a replacement, then your replacement will be processed and sent within a certain number of days.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Non-Returnable / Non-Refundable Products
- Used products – with the exception of boards affected by cupping below
- Custom orders*
- Engraved products or engraving services
- Products with no verifiable proof of purchase
- Boards that have gone through the dishwasher (we will know)
Non-Returnable / Non-refundable Products Terms and Conditions
- *Custom orders can not be replaced or refunded as it won’t be possible to sell it to anyone else. The only time a refund or exchange will be granted on a custom order, will be if there is an error with the customisation that is the exclusive fault of Australian Cutting Boards, therefor make sure of the correct spelling and text when purchasing custom laser engraving.
Return or Exchange – Cutting Boards affected by Cupping
These are the instructions found on our Care Instructions page and is linked to all product pages.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
If you have followed ALL these care instructions, and are still experiencing cupping of your board please contact us. A refund or exchange will be granted at our discretion. If we agree to a refund or exchange the following will apply.
- For ALL approved exchanges or refunds for cupping the affected board must be returned to Australian Cutting Boards at your expense.
- In the case of an approved exchange, a new board will not be sent to you until Australian Cutting Boards receives the affected board.
- In the case of an approved refund, the refund will not be initiated and processed until the affected board is received by Australian Cutting Boards.
Lost or Damaged Orders
Australian Cutting Boards uses Fastway Couriers, Australia Post, and at times other courier companies to deliver your order to you.
We package your order in a way to reduce the chance of damage, and your order leaves our factory in excellent condition.
Once your order leaves our warehouse, Australian Cutting Boards have no control over what happens to your order. We will not be held responsible for any lost parcels or product damage during transit.
Photo evidence will be required if the product arrives faulty or damaged. We will discuss the situation with you, but a refund or exchange will be at our discretion.
If the parcel is lost during transit, we will do our best to assist you in contacting the carrier service.
If you have any questions about our Return Policy, please contact us before making your purchase.
Follow our tips on our Care Instructions page to keep your cutting board in top condition and prolong its use.
Our Handmade Guarantee is used as part of our Return Policy.
- We guarantee that the product you receive will be as beautiful and rich as the one pictured on our site.
- The quality is the same as the items we showcase in our market outlet located at Eumundi, Queensland.
- Throughout our website and on the product description page, we state that each product is unique, meaning no two products are the same.
- The pictures we chose are an average representation of the product, therefore, there is a good chance that the item you purchase will vary from the product pictured, as represented by the words “unique” and “random”.
- We do not offer a refund or exchange for change of mind.
- In saying this, if you are not happy with the product you received, we require that you contact us within 3 working days of receiving your order to discuss a refund or exchange.
- It will be at our discretion if we agree to a refund or exchange.
- Contacting us outside the 3 working days after delivery will result in us using our decretion whether we offer a refund or exchange.
- If a refund or exchange is approved by us, the cutting board/s must be returned to us, at your expense. The board/s must be unused and in the same condition, it left our warehouse.