Extra Large Dipper with Two Handcrafted Clay Bowls
This free-form shaped board has a double dipper recess to hold our beautiful coloured bowls which have been made especially made for us by a potter on the Sunshine Coast “Peter Woods Pottery“. This makes this the ideal board for entertaining.
The bowls are a random selection to complement each board. As per the picture, these are the main colour tones we have. (Colours are randomly selected, but you may request a specific colour by phoning us on 0466 798 562 and we will do our best to provide the colour tone of your choosing.)
This board measures 53cm x 36cm.
Use as a server at the dining table for sharing food, serve cheeses, dips, antipasto, cured meats, nibbles, sun-dried tomatoes, olives etc.
All our large server platter boards are made from one solid piece of timber, no glue and no laminating. All our servers are handmade by our craftsman to accentuate the multitude of different beautiful grains and colours.
Due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in the timber, this is a safe surface to serve all foods.
Our boards are easy to maintain. Follow our care instructions below to get the most out of your new cutting board.
- For everyday use, your chopping board can be washed in the sink with soapy water (detergent).
- Your board MUST be stored upright on it’s edge. Let the board stand upright on the dish drainer, or standing upright against a wall or special drying rack. You can also hang it up by the hole, if it has one.
- Leaving the board flat while wet, will cause problems with mould and cupping.
- Because the cutting board is one piece of timber, it needs to dry evenly on both sides.
- If cupping (warping) does occur, One way to fix the issue is to lay the cupping side up with a very damp cloth on the board. This helps to add moisture to the timber and stretch the cupping side back out.
- Oiling your board every couple of months, has many benefits. Even though cleaning your board with detergent is essential, it does tend to dry out your board. Regularly oiling your cutting board is required to keep the timber supple.
- Your board will also dry much quicker, either by hanging or safely sitting it in the draining rack. Also, a barrier of oil, will not let water penetrate and soak the whole board, meaning it will dry quicker.
- Food will not stain or stick to your board. Garlic, onion, turmeric, mushrooms etc will not stain or leave an odour in the boards.
- The only oil that will not go rancid is Grapeseed oil. Therefore we highly recommend it to oil your chopping board.
- This food grade oil, can be obtained from your local supermarket. It has no smell and no taste.
If you have any further questions about care instructions for your board, please contact us.
Please also read our return policy before purchasing your board.